Upcoming Events

**************************

NOTICE: Starting with our 1/10/2017 Dinner meeting, ASQ 1510 member pricing is $15 per person, ASQ Student Member pricing is $5, and non-member/late pricing is $30.  (you may send an alternate if you find after registering that you cannot attend, but we must pay venue for each registrant regardless of whether you show up, so registration fee is non-refundable)

**************************

ASQ 1510 and 1515 Dinner Meeting: November 14, 2017

Venue: Embassy Suites West Palm Beach

1601 Belvedere Rd.

West Palm Beach FL, 33406

 

Registration/Networking: 5:30 pm

Dinner: 6:30 pm

Speaker: 7:15

 

Speaker: Bob Gilbert, CCI Consulting

 

Presentation Topic: Demystifying “Organizational Context” and “Risk Based Thinking” in the new QMS Standards

 

Everywhere I look and in every online forum I read, everyone is “freaking-out” about the terminology of the new QMS Standards.  They are referring to the new terminology as the “Sticky Clauses” and have more questions than answers as to what to do with them. 

My ASQ presentation will look at the two most “scary” new concepts; “Organizational Context” and “Risk Based Thinking.”  The presentation will use a 60/40 strategy for understanding both aspects; 40% will be focused on Organizational Context and its critical aspects, while the other 60% of the presentation will be addressing Risk Based Thinking and the tools and approaches for developing a great Risk Assessment Matrix using Six Sigma tools. 

I have used these strategies with several clients while developing their QMS’s and in the end have “wowed” the Auditors.  Once the Auditor sees the SIPOC-R used in determining your Risk exposure, he/she will see that you totally understand the new standard.

I look forward to seeing you all at the meeting on Tuesday, November 14th, and answering any questions you may have.  I will also be soliciting your input as to what QMS topics you would like me to address in future presentations at ASQ 1515.

 

Bob Gilbert has over thirty years of extensive professional experience in financial systems design, information technology, automated test engineering, custom technical training development and delivery, data collection and analysis, graduate level teaching, process design engineering, Lean Six Sigma Transformations, ISO based Management Systems and Activity Based Costing.

Mr. Gilbert has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, an MBA specializing in Information Systems, and is ABD for his Doctorate in Business Administration. Mr. Gilbert has also been an Adjunct Professor at Nova Southeastern’s Graduate School of Business for the past 30 years teaching Managerial Cost Accounting and Quantitative Methods, along with Lean Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt classes, and himself is a Certified Lean Six Black Belt.

In addition, Mr. Gilbert is the past Chairman of ASQ (American Society for Quality) Chapter 1515, the past Chair Elect of SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers) Chapter 150 and the Chairman of the Palm Beach State College Green Institute Advisory Committee.

 

1510 / 1515 members $15.00 per person if paid by Sunday Noon the week of the dinner
(Non-members $30.00, Student-members $5.00)

Menu Choice includes entrée, beverage and dessert
 

 


Registration through 1515's website
**************************

 

**************************

Student Branch Events

 

**************************

Presentation Materials from PREVIOUS EVENTS

**************************